Desert Hot Springs Police Chief Dale Mondary presented a security screening workshop to DiversityDHS staff and volunteers on Sunday, November 12th, less than a week prior to the upcoming festival.
The presentation offered instruction to entry area staff in how to deter, detect and reveal potential security challenges with the goal of creating a completely safe venue for all guests.
The festival will have uniformed police officers and other security personnel both identifiable and undercover present to ensure a comfortable secure environment that our guests may feel confident attending.
Items prohibited on the Festival Grounds include but not limited to:
- Weapons of ANY kind.
- Smoking of ANY kind.
- Electronic cigarettes (i.e.) Vape Pens
- Alcohol (Beer and Wine available from festival vendors)
- Illegal substances (determination at discretion of festival staff and/or law enforcement present)
- Pets (service animals, of course are, welcomed)
- Unauthorized and/or unsolicited vendors